The masterclass will provide healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients with brain tumours with the necessary skills to address the clinical and psycho-social challenges in HGG management.
Case-based examples will be used to illustrate complex issues and reinforce learning.
- The five studies that every neuro-oncology practitioner needs to know
- The initial tumour resection
- Withholding chemo-radiation from patients with grade II-IV glioma: is this ever reasonable?
- The top three clinical challenges discussed in every neuro-oncology MDM
- Secrets of supportive drug management from 20 years as a practitioner
- How not to tell a patient about their diagnosis
- Relapses: standard treatment or trials?
Facilitated by Associate Professor Hui Gan. Program valid 6/11/2019 and is subject to change.
Associate Professor Hui Gan
Director Cancer Clinical Trials, Austin Health, Senior Clinical Research Fellow, Tumour Targeting Laboratory, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute & Research & Education Lead, Central Nervous System and Brain Cancers with the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC).
Can't attend in person? Register for Webinar