Better identification, treatment and management of cancer in Victoria has resulted in vast improvements in overall cancer survival. The latest five-year survival rates are 69 per cent for 2013-18. New technologies, discoveries and better evidence-based care are extending lives and improving quality of life for people living with, and beyond, cancer.
Despite these advances, cancer remains a major health problem and the disparities are widening. Cancer type, where a person lives, their cultural identity and their socio-economic status are key determinants of outcomes.
This event will be a dynamic, visual exploration of the four themes, 10 programs and 40 + projects that make up the Strategic Program Plan 2021-24, and what they will mean for cancer care in Victoria.
- Professor Grant McArthur, Executive Director VCCC Alliance
- Professor Andrew Roberts AM (WEHI), Board Director VCCC Alliance
- Associate Professor Kylie Mason (Peter Mac/RMH), Chair VCCC Alliance Cancer Education & Training Advisory Committee
- Sophy Athan, Chair VCCC Alliance Cancer Consumer Advisory Committee
- Professor Linda Kristjanson AO, Chair VCCC Alliance
- Professor Maarten IJzerman (UoM), VCCC Alliance Academic Lead, Health Services Research
Online audience is invited to participate in a virtual Q&A with presenters.
Friday 6 August 2021
1.00pm - 2.20pm