04 Feb 2020
Significant women's business
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Royal Women's Hospital
- Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
- St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne
Monday Lunch Live - International Women's Day 2020
Traditionally invitations to the board room were the privilege of the C-suite: chief executives, finance and legal officers. Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre is a unique alliance which spans health, research and academic domains and its leaders require an understanding of the complexity and opportunities inherent in bringing disparate groups together. And inevitably, they need to know how to play well together.
In this new decade, with female representation on Australian company boards at less than 30 per cent, the VCCC alliance challenges the national trend and women account for the majority of board members and committee chairs.
To celebrate in the lead-up to International Women’s Day 2020, join us for a special Monday Lunch Live lecture: Women in Collaborative Leadership, featuring a panel of board and committee chairs as they discuss the qualities needed by leaders in collaborative environments to drive innovation and culture change.
How do we define good leadership in the 21st century? Can women guide us into a new era of positive, collaborative leadership?
Professor Linda Kristjanson AO, VCCC Chairperson, Vice-Chancellor Swinburne University.
- Ms Sophy Athan, Chair, VCCC Cancer Consumer Advisory Committee
- Dr Shelley Dolan, CEO Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre; VCCC Board Member
- Associate Professor Kylie Mason, Consultant Haematologist and Clinician Researcher, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, The Royal Melbourne Hospital; Clinical Associate Professor, Sir Peter MacCallum Department of Oncology, University of Melbourne, Senior Research Fellow University of Sydney; Chair, VCCC Cancer Education and Training Advisory Committee
- Dr Sue Matthews, CEO The Royal Women’s Hospital; VCCC Board Member
- Ms Angela Nolan, CEO of St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne; VCCC Board Member
- MC: Professor Grant McArthur, VCCC Executive Director
Monday Lunch Live Monday 2 March (IWD is officially Sunday 8 March 2020)
Lunch 12.15pm – 12.45pm
Forum 12.45pm – 2.00pm
Have you got a question for the panel? Submit by email before Wednesday 26 February: email@example.com
Registration is essential for catering purposes and places are limited.