Maximum-term contract to 30 June 2024 (full time or 0.8FTE neg)
- Opportunity to build on existing evaluation framework and make your mark
- Satisfying mix of strategic and hands-on operational work
- Market salary with generous NFP salary packaging available
- Working from home flexibility options are available
About the Opportunity
The VCCC Alliance currently has an opening for an Evaluation Manager to join our team to further develop and lead the operationalisation of our program logic-based evaluation framework. The framework has been developed to monitor progress and evaluate the impact of strategic goals and specific programs of work to enable effective monitoring and evaluation of the VCCC Alliance Strategic Program Plan, 2020-24.
The Evaluation Manager will also have the important role of establishing methods to understand the contribution of the VCCC Alliance and its collaborative activity across the broader Victorian cancer sector, as well as conduct in-depth work to examine how best to measure organisational contribution to patient outcomes over time.
This is a full-time opportunity through to mid-2024 (0.8FTE will also be considered).
Working under the guidance of the Head of Quality & Strategic Initiatives, the Evaluation Manager will:
- Work collaboratively with the Program Management Office, Program Managers and other stakeholders to further develop and operationalise the VCCC Alliance’s evaluation framework to measure process, outcomes and impacts across the Strategic Program Plan.
- Establish a VCCC Alliance Evaluation Advisory Committee, drawn from VCCC Alliance members and external stakeholders with evaluation expertise, and support and guide the work of this Committee.
- Collaborate with alliance members and external consultants (as required) to identify and implement how best to measure the organisation’s contribution to patient outcomes over time.
- Ensure appropriate interpretation, contextualisation and reporting of evaluation outcomes and recommendations, including documenting unintended outcomes that may have added value.
- Provide evaluation expertise in contributing to the development of business cases, strategic planning and outcomes reporting.
- Seek and provide advice on any ethics requirements to support evaluation activities and, if required, manage a coordinated ethics application to cover all levels of evaluation to avoid duplication of effort.
- Provide leadership in evaluation within the VCCC Alliance team and work towards actively training and transferring knowledge to embed both skills and a culture of evaluation within the VCCC Alliance staff team.
Your significant experience in creating and implementing evaluation frameworks and plans for interconnected initiatives will be coupled with a canny ability to see the big picture and remove unnecessary complexity. You will be a seasoned manager, who has a proven background of leading evaluation in a multiple stakeholder initiative, with experience working with and presenting for stakeholders at all levels from government officials and Board directors to colleagues and peers, preferably in a health setting.
You will be analytical and resourceful, with outstanding influencing and communications skills. You will be comfortable and well-practiced in engaging with existing and new audiences, supporting and guiding collaborative groups and be comfortable with the hands-on organisation. This requires working with a small not-for-profit team. You will bring:
- Significant experience in identifying and implementing appropriate evaluation methods and plans for different but interconnected initiatives and in utilising both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Proven ability in designing both qualitative and quantitative research methods including design of data collection instruments, data collection, data analysis and the synthesis and triangulation of data at a programmatic and organisational level.
- Previous experience working in a complex, multi-faceted organisation such as health and/or the academic sector.
- Proven project management experience, including working with and applying project management frameworks and methodologies such as Prince II or other methodology.
- Excellent data interpretation and report writing skills to support ongoing program development, business cases development and KPI fulfillment.
- Ability to transfer knowledge through the development of SOPs and training to ensure consistency of application and reporting of evaluation methods.
- Tertiary qualification or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as evaluation, health, social science, management or related field, or significant relevant experience.
- Training in both qualitative and quantitative research and/or evaluation methods is highly desirable.
- Project/change management accreditation is also favourable.
Equity & Inclusion
The VCCC Alliance values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment, bullying, vilification and victimisation.
With the ongoing objective of enhancing relationships with our alliance partners, this position may be able to be arranged as a secondment within a VCCC Alliance member organisation. Employees within the VCCC Alliance are encouraged to contact Christine Morton, Head of People & Culture on 0411 955 215 to discuss the possibility of a suitable arrangement.
Please download a copy of the Position Description.
Applications should consist of your CV and a covering letter outlining the key reasons for your interest in the role specifically addressing the key selection criteria in the position description on the VCCC Alliance website.
Please lodge your application via Seek, no later than COB Tues 28 September 2021