Full-time, Maximum Term Contract to 30 June 2020
- Strategic opportunity to support the development of leading-edge programs
- Work with a dedicated and passionate team focussed on improving cancer patient outcomes
- Central location close to CBD
- Generous salary packaging options available
About the Position
Due to a member of our team soon to take parental leave, we are offering this rare opportunity to join the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) Leadership Team.
The focus of the role will be to work with the VCCC team across the organisation and the VCCC Alliance network of 10 leading health, research and educational institutions to develop and oversee key programs of work that support the realisation of the organisation’s strategic goals. This includes the exciting opportunity to support the strategic development of programs for the anticipated next round of funding.
The position reports to the Associate Director, guided by advisory committees and the VCCC Board of Directors. The Head of Strategic Initiatives & Quality position encompasses four main areas of responsibility:
- Supporting the Associate Director, Leadership Team and key external stakeholders to plan and implement key strategic initiatives, including sourcing and scoping potential growth and funding opportunities to secure the future sustainability of the VCCC beyond the current funding period
Program management quality and evaluation
- Defining, communicating and maintaining the quality and standards of project and program delivery across the VCCC, including fit-for-purpose reporting and evaluation processes
- Developing and overseeing the revision of strategic and organisational frameworks aimed at supporting program quality and sustainability, including consumer engagement
- Working to embed and maintain the consumer voice in everything VCCC does, including oversight of the ongoing development and implementation of the VCCC Consumer Engagement Action Plan
- Working collaboratively and strategically with the VCCC Leadership Team and be accountable to the team for key responsible areas of work.
- Providing team leadership, coaching and oversight for the Consumer Engagement Manager and Evaluation Manager positions, working cross functionally with other teams in the realisation of strategic objectives
You will be a strategic and thoughtful leader, who encourages cross-functional communication and collaboration as a means to achieving the best outcomes. You will be a proactive, autonomous and highly motivated professional, with a track record of successful, multi-party stakeholder management. You will thrive in a busy and complex working environment, excited by the prospect of sustainable change and experienced in managing and communicating new initiatives and processes with team members and stakeholders at all levels. You will have:
- Previous experience working in a hospital, not-for-profit, medical research institute, university medical environment, within a cancer agency or other relevant industry
- Proven senior project and program management experience, including working with and applying project management frameworks and methodologies, such as quality planning, risk management, communications, scheduling, budgeting and evaluation
- Experience working on large, complex, multi-stream programs, with the ability to step back and help others deliver successfully by removing complexity and unnecessary bureaucracy
- Experience pursuing, scoping, developing presenting business cases, grant applications and other funding strategies
- Experience managing collaborative relationships with senior academics, clinicians and researchers, consumers, and/or senior stakeholders in industry, government and philanthropy
- Experience working with government ministers and departments highly desirable
- Experience in overseeing the development of effective program evaluation frameworks and benefits reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with highly professional report-writing ability
- Tertiary qualification in a scientific/health management discipline or a clinical qualification.
About the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
Established in 2009, the vision for the VCCC is to save lives through the integration of cancer research, education and patient care. Founded in the holistic principles of the internationally-recognised Comprehensive Cancer Centre model, the VCCC is a powerful alliance of 10 leading research and clinical institutions with a shared commitment to working together to advance and accelerate cancer research, treatments, preventions and cures.
The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) brings together Australia’s best cancer research and treatment institutions: the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne Health, Royal Women’s Hospital, Royal Children’s Hospital, Austin Health, The University of Melbourne, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Western Health and St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
Our Team Purpose
Be known for enabling the best research-led cancer care for all
Our Values – How We Work
Collaboration - we connect and support to empower sustainable change
Integrity - we are respectful of the cancer community and accountable for our contribution
Creativity - we cultivate ideas and dare to innovate
Achievement - we strive to make an impactful difference and produce results
The tenure of this role to 30 June 2020 is linked to VCCC Strategic Research Plan and the associated funding of a four-year agreement with the Department of Health and Human Services. Potential opportunities for appointment beyond mid-2020 will be dependent on renewed funding, operational requirements, the availability of opportunities and the incumbent’s return to work requirements.
Equity & Inclusion
The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment, bullying, vilification and victimisation.
With the ongoing objective of enhancing relationships across the VCCC Alliance, this position may be able to be arranged as a secondment within a VCCC partner organisation. Employees within the VCCC Alliance are encouraged to contact Christine Morton, Head of People & Culture at email@example.com or 0411 955 215 to discuss the possibility of a suitable arrangement.
To discuss the details of this position, please contact Karen Lacey, Head of Strategic Initiatives and Quality, available Mon to Wed, on (+613) 9035 9532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should consist of a resume and a covering letter of no more than 3 pages outlining the key reasons for your interest in the role and specifically addressing the key selection criteria in the position description.
Please apply through our advertisement on Seek no later than 12noon Wednesday 6 November 2019.