VCCC SKILLED Internship – 2021
The VCCC works with host sites to support interns; providing orientation and external training, as well as complete standardised requirements.
Clinical trial unit hosts will be responsible for:
- Working with the VCCC to recruit a suitable intern for hosting
- Arrange for an appointment for the intern
- Release the intern during the program to attend training with the VCCC or relevant third parties, as provided by the VCCC
- Work to support the intern to the best of their abilities to complete the intern requirements and provide any relevant reporting during this time, including a final presentation of results and written report at the end of phases 1 and 2 of the program including:
- Full supervision and mentorship of the interns at the site
- Setting regular meetings to track intern training progress and resolve any raised issues
- Assessment and grading of the intern’s competencies at advised time points during internship, based on SKILLED competency framework
- Reporting the intern’s assessments to VCCC (via LMS Portal)
- Internal management of the intern’s behavioural performance following organisational policies and procedures
- Escalating unresolved issues with interns to VCCC
- Attendance at host site working party meetings, workshops and meetings regarding the SKILLED program and/or intern (or delegate).
- Commitment to the planned internship program dates and schedules related to orientation, rotations, online training and attendance at relevant workshops/conferences
- Assisting interns in planning and implementing their site improvement project (as an integral part of the intern’s internship assessment)
- Conform with all agreed VCCC reporting requirements
- Participation in evaluation activities of the SKILLED program as required
- Formally advise VCCC of any identified threats or risks to prevent any potential effect on the program
Please review the host responsibilities to ensure you can meet the support requirements and provide an intern with a comprehensive on-the-job learning experience.
The program is due to commence on Monday February 1, 2021. A goal is to expand its reach and to have Clinical Trial Assistant and/or Study Coordinator interns placed at sites who participated in the previous 2019 and 2020 programs as well as encourage new clinical trial unit and governance office host sites.
You may be eligible to host an intern or apply for a shared position, which enables the intern to rotate through your unit in partnership with another site.
The VCCC is developing several models for 2021 which include partnering with a number of universities and sector organisations.
Expression of interest application
Please contact Chris Packer, e: firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries and to obtain a SKILLED Host Site Information Package.
Download a copy of the EOI form, fill it in and return to Chris Packer, VCCC Workforce Development Manager by Friday 4 September 2020.