Collectively test whether Victoria is ready to implement a standardised approach in early stage pancreatic cancer:
- bring the latest cross-disciplinary evidence to the table for discussion
- share information from the PURPLE registry regarding current treatment patterns in Victoria
- explore the opportunity to form an expert group to annually review the latest treatment evidence and make recommendations for practice guidelines in Victoria
There will be a chance to share your thoughts via interactive voting and facilitated discussion.
The symposium is presented by the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre.
- Dr Belinda Lee, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Mr Adrian Fox, hepatobiliary surgeon, St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne
- Dr Hyun Ko, senior consultant radiologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- A/Prof Lara Lipton medical oncologist Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and Western Health
- Dr Brett Knowles, hepatobiliary and upper GI surgeon, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Dr Richard Kor consultant radiation oncologist, Austin Health
Convened by Prof Peter Gibbs, VCCC Research & Education Lead in GI Cancers.
Professor Peter Gibbs provides leadership across the VCCC alliance for gastro-intestinal cancers; focusing on pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is relatively rare, with poor patient outcomes. It requires consistent, shareable data to build knowledge and provide comparisons for research.
Wednesday 4 December 2019
VCCC Building, Level 7 Lecture Theatres
Light supper provided at the interval
Register from 6.00pm
Presentation: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Download the program.