Part-time (0.6 FTE), Maximum Term Contract to 30 June 2020
- Become involved in leading-edge clinical trial program
- Help to forge the way clinical trials can be accessed by cancer patients
- Competitive remuneration package, including generous salary packaging options
About the position
The Clinical Trials Liaison Officer will apply their strong understanding of clinical trial operations and excellent communication skills to establish and maintain an insightful and collaborative presence across all Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) partner sites.
The successful applicant will support the expansion of the VCCC Teletrials program to national and international stakeholders. The role will also be responsible for working with VCCC Teletrials Steering Group to facilitate the identification and adaption of the VCCC Teletrials Framework to ensure it aligns with the needs of parties beyond Victoria.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Trials Program and working closely with the Teletrials Program Manager, you will work to:
- Engage with national and international stakeholders
- Review the Victorian Teletrials Framework and identify any barriers to implement nationally
- Review regulatory requirements for interstate clinical trials and develop new processes to support the Teletrials program
- Liaise with pharmaceutical companies and other clinical trial sponsors to identify appropriate trials to implement as a national Teletrial
- Implement an ongoing process and outcome evaluation framework to evaluate the benefits associated with the implementation of Teletrials nationally
What you will bring to the position
You will be a proactive and highly motivated individual with strong track record of excellent relationship-building with a background in the health and medical research and/or healthcare sectors.
- You will pride yourself on your strong track record of excellence in stakeholder and program management with the proven ability to positively influence others and build consensus in a collaborative environment
- You will have experience in the health sector and an understanding of clinical trials processes including regulatory and ethical requirements
- You will have proven project management skills, with knowledge in how to build and apply practical program evaluation frameworks
- You will be passionate about the opportunity to make a tangible difference in this area
- You will hold a tertiary or postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline such as project management, public health, science or research
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory completion of National Policy Check and Qualifications Check
With the ongoing objective of enhancing relationships with our alliance partners, this position can be arranged as a secondment within a VCCC partner organisation. Employees within the VCCC alliance are encouraged to contact Christine Morton, Head of People and Culture, on 03 8559 6135 to discuss the possibility of a suitable arrangement.
Download a copy of the position description.
Applications should consist of a resume and a covering letter outlining the key reasons for your interest in the role and specifically addressing the key selection criteria in the position description.
Please apply through our advertisement on Seek no later than COB Tuesday 28 May 2019.